Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Resting in this Hope

"LORD, make me know my
   end,
And what is the measure of my
   days,
That I may know how frail I
   am.
Indeed, You have made my
   days as handbreadths,
And my age is as nothing
   before You;
Certainly every man at his best
   state is but vapor. Selah" Psalm 39:4-5

          I'm persuaded to believe that Truth is what makes the Psalms so beautiful. It speaks to the essence of our being, brings to mind the conscious thought of our frailty before God, and makes us to lie down in green pastures having been comforted by the assurance of the debt paid in full. Indeed,

"Better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of feasting..." (Ecclesiastes 7:2a).

But we rest nonetheless, knowing that "...the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: 'The Lord knows those who are His,' and, 'Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity” (2 Timothy 2:19). I'm grateful for you saints.

-Your fellow laborer...

No comments:

Post a Comment